Refrigerator Repair Columbia SC
Reliable Fridge Maintenance & Repair Near Lexington
Appliance Professional is a trusted appliance repair company in Columbia, offering quality repair and maintenance services for all kinds of refrigerators. We have a team of experienced technicians with 15+ years of knowledge in the industry to provide professional, reliable, and efficient service. Our repair services include diagnosing problems, replacing parts, and performing routine maintenance on refrigerators of all makes and models. We are dedicated to delivering quality service and customer satisfaction to all our clients. Trust us for fast, efficient, and affordable refrigerator repair services in Columbia SC. Contact us today to schedule your service!
Professional refrigerator repair is one call away! Contact our team today at (803) 373-1440.
Common Refrigerator Repair Problems
1. Clogged or Frozen Drain Line: This issue causes water to pool in the bottom of the refrigerator, and it can cause food to spoil. To address this problem, unclog the drain line with hot water or a vinegar solution and replace any cracked or worn gaskets that could be causing the blockage.
2. Poor Temperature Regulation: The refrigerator should maintain temperatures around 37 degrees Fahrenheit and the freezer should be at 0 degrees Fahrenheit. If the fridge is failing to reach either of these temperatures, check the thermostat for proper operation and ensure that there are no obstructions preventing air from circulating properly inside the fridge.
3. Water Leaks: This issue is most often caused by a damaged water line, so check the tubes for any signs of wear and tear. If the leak is coming from the back panel or door, then it could be due to an issue with the seals. Replace any cracked, worn, or loose gaskets to fix this problem.
4. Broken Ice Maker: If the ice maker is not producing any ice, then it could be due to a problem with the water line or thermostat. Check both of these components for proper operation and replace as necessary.
5. Defrosting Problems: This issue is typically caused by a faulty defrost timer or heater. To remedy this, check the defrost timer to make sure it is functioning and replace any damaged elements. Additionally, check for clogged evaporator coils, which can prevent sufficient air circulation. Clean the coils and replace any worn or broken parts to resolve this issue
6. Unusual Noises: If your fridge is making strange noises, then it could be due to a part that has become loose or worn out. Check all of the components for wear and tear and tighten any loose screws or bolts. If the noises persist, then it is likely time for a replacement refrigerator.
7. Electric Shortage: This issue is often caused by a faulty power cord, so check the cord for any signs of damage and replace if necessary. Additionally, check the circuit breaker and fuse to ensure that they are functioning properly.
8. Odors: If your fridge has an unpleasant smell, then it is likely due to spoiled food or bacteria buildup in the interior of the fridge. Clean out the refrigerator thoroughly with a solution of baking soda and water, and replace any spoiled food. Additionally, check the seals for cracks or leaks that may be allowing odors to escape.
9. Icing Up: This is typically due to a problem with the air circulation or thermostat malfunctioning. Check the thermostat for proper operation and make sure no obstructions are preventing air from circulating properly inside the refrigerator. Additionally, check for any worn or cracked seals that may be allowing warm air to enter the fridge. Replace any components as necessary to remedy this issue.
10. Door Does Not Stay Closed: This problem is usually caused by worn or loose hinges, so inspect the hinges and replace any damaged parts. Additionally, you can try adjusting the springs on the hinges or installing a door stop to keep the door in place.
If you encounter any issues with your fridge, it is important to inspect all components for wear and tear and replace as necessary. If there is an issue that you cannot fix yourself, then it may be time to call our professional refrigerator repair technicians.
How Much Does it Cost to Repair a Refrigerator?
The cost of repairing a refrigerator with a professional can vary greatly depending on the type of repair needed. In general, repairs for simple problems such as replacing a light bulb or thermostat can typically range on the lower end. More complex repairs like fixing an electrical issue or replacing faulty seals will be more costly. There are also additional costs for parts that may need to be purchased, such as a new compressor or fan motor.
At Appliance Professional, we strive to make our refrigerator repair services affordable for our Columbia and Lexington customers. Give us a call today so that we can discuss your fridge's issue and provide a detailed estimate.
For affordable refrigerator repair in Columbia, contact the team at Appliance Professional today!
We Service All Makes & Models
“The technician was very helpful and quickly had my refrigerator back up and running. Highly recommended.”Daniel M.
“Great experience with our technician Emanuel - very professional, friendly and knew what he was doing!”Charlotte A.
“Richard has been absolutely fantastic every single time he’s come out here to fix our appliances! I HIGHLY recommend him for all your needs!”Nia H.
“My dryer would not heat one night. I called for an appointment to have it repaired and Mr. Richard was here by 12:00 noon. He was very professional with a personal touch! He definitely accepts responsibility of his position! Very reasonably priced. Thank you to the young lady who answered the phone who was so polite and reassuring. I highly recommend this company!”Susan B.
“I’ve used these guys a few times in my own house and several times with my clients. They always do great work and are very reasonable for their repair prices. I’ve literally lost count of the thousands they have saved me over replacing fridges, dishwashers, etc.”Trey
“Our freezer was accumulating ice inside from a leak near the gasket. I was able to schedule next day service. They called 30 minutes before they were going to come (just like they told me they would) in the time window they said they would come in. It was so nice to be able to just leave work to be able to meet them at my house. Turns out the fix was super easy and they only charged me the service fee for coming out to my house. They are a really great company and I would recommend them to anyone.”Michael G.
“We had Nick come out to look at our dishwasher. He couldn’t have been more knowledgeable or a nicer guy. Took the extra time and effort to make sure we had all the information we needed. Even dog friendly! Thanks for the great help!”Steven L.
“Service performed by Appliance Professional was efficient and done quickly and done right. The technician (Levi) knew what he was doing and did a professional job. I would highly recommend this company if your appliance needs servicing.”Jerry S.
“After many unsuccessful attempts to DIY fix my dishwasher I finally called Appliance Professional. Emmanuel came out when they said he would and diagnosed my issue. The parts we had to order arrived in the window I was given and Emmanuel came out (on time!) again and fixed our dishwasher quickly. He did an awesome job and I was really happy with our experience. Thank you for doing what you say you will, when you say you will at a fair price!”Chris H.
“The most professional appliance repair that I have ever received. From the beginning to end. Firstly, I reached a professional customer service agent that coordinated my appointment. I then received a notification call informing me of the time to expect the technician. Nathan, arrived promptly and was very professional and knowledgeable. He also explained why I was having the problem with my ice maker. The problem was resolved quickly. I am so pleased that I have found a professional, dependable, and very knowledgeable appliance repair company that responds to the customer. I highly recommend Appliance Professional.”Jenny B.
We Get it Right, the First Time