Electrolux / Frigidaire Icemaker Recall - June 2022
Electrolux has announced a voluntary recall of icemakers in certain models of Frigidaire and Electrolux refrigerators. Our team at Appliance Professional is factory authorized by these manufacturers to replace the icemakers for free. The following information is available at www.icemakerrecall.com. Here's what you need to know:
Why is There a Recall?
There is an issue with some icemakers’ level detector arm, which under certain circumstances, can potentially break into pieces and fall into the ice bucket, posing a choking hazard.
Is Your Icemaker Included in the Voluntary Recall?
- Click here to see if your ice maker is included in the recall. You'll need to enter your fridge's model and serial numbers.
- You can find your fridge's model and serial numbers on the data tag. See the image at the top of this post for examples of where to find the data tag on your fridge.
How Do I Get My Icemaker Replaced?
If your icemaker is included in the recall, do not fear! Appliance Professional can replace the icemaker for you, free of charge.
- To have the replacement ice maker installed, you will need to notify Electrolux/Frigidaire and request Appliance Professional for your service. You can do so by entering the model and serial number of your Electrolux or Frigidaire refrigerator here (same link as above) and then following the steps.
- Don't forget to request Appliance Professional! Electrolux will issue a work order and dispatch it to us.
- As soon as the work order is received, we will call you to tentatively schedule the service. Please remember Electrolux will still have to ship us the new icemaker, so our scheduling will be dependent on their availability.
What Do I Do in the Meantime?
If your icemaker is included in the recall, Electrolux recommends you empty the ice bucket and stop using the icemaker until the new one is installed at no cost.